- An Self Advocacy organisation run by and for people with intellectual disability
- We provide information and support to individuals and groups to promote awareness of their rights and responsibilities within the community.
- We support people who want to develop their skills and confidence so they can speak out and make decisions that will effect their own lives
Sydney Metropolitan Area
Outside this area, on request only
You do not need to be a paid member to access our services.
If you do want to be a paid member the fees below apply.
(People with an Intellectual Disability)
One off fee of – $15.00
(People supporting Self Advocacy)
One off fee of – $75.00
(Organisations supporting Self Advocacy)
One off fee of – $150.00
People who use the service:
- People with Intellectual Disability
- Funded by the Australian Government through the Department of Social Services.
- Self Advocacy Newsletter
- Monthly meetings
Types of Training & Support we provide for Consumers and Service providers
- Self Advocacy
- Disability awareness
- Workers’ Committee
- Specific Disability service standards
- Rights Responsibilities and Consequences
- Be aware not scared
- Anger management
- Leadership skills
- Healthy Eating
- Travel Skills
- looking after yourself
- Friendships and relationships
- Communication Skills
- With negotiation, we can design training packages to suit your needs
- Individual support for people with a Disability
- Support consumer representatives at meetings
- Develop easy to read documents
- Develop curricula for training
- Represent people with Intellectual Disability on consultative committees, educational, vocational, residential at both community and Government level.
- Act as advisors to these committees with consultation of consumers.