- An Self Advocacy organisation run by and for people with intellectual disability
- We provide information and support to individuals and groups to promote awareness of their rights and responsibilities within the community.
- We support people who want to develop their skills and confidence so they can speak out and make decisions that will effect their own lives
You do not need to be a paid member to access our services.
If you do want to be a paid member the fees below apply.
(People with an Intellectual Disability)
One off fee of – $15.00
(People supporting Self Advocacy)
One off fee of – $75.00
(Organisations supporting Self Advocacy)
One off fee of – $150.00
People who use the service:
- People with Intellectual Disability
- Funded by the Australian Government through the Department of Social Services.
- Self Advocacy Newsletter
- Monthly meetings
Types of Training & Support we provide for Consumers and Service providers
- Self Advocacy
- Disability awareness
- Workers’ Committee
- Specific Disability service standards
- Rights Responsibilities and Consequences
- Be aware not scared
- Anger management
- Leadership skills
- Healthy Eating
- Travel Skills
- looking after yourself
- Friendships and relationships
- Communication Skills
- With negotiation, we can design training packages to suit your needs
- Individual support for people with a Disability
- Support consumer representatives at meetings
- Develop easy to read documents
- Develop curricula for training
- Represent people with Intellectual Disability on consultative committees, educational, vocational, residential at both community and Government level.
- Act as advisors to these committees with consultation of consumers.
Sydney Inner and Sydney Outer and Hawkesbury area.