Self Advocacy training
For people with intellectual disability
What do we do at SAS?
· We provide individual support to help people self advocate.
· We run individual or group training on the topics you want to learn about.
· We support you to become self advocates by running training sessions.
TRAINING PROVIDED ON THE FOLLOWING TOPICS
...here are some examples:
What Is Self Advocacy a) Finding My Feet
b) What Is Self Advocacy
- Anger Management
- Rights & Responsibility
- Basic Computer
- What Is A Workers Committee
- Be Aware Not Scared
- Disability Awareness
- Disability Service Standards
- Different Relationships
- How To Run A Meeting
- Healthy Eating
- Looking After Yourself
- Speaking For Ourselves
- Travel Training
- Individual Training Plan – (tailoring for individual and groups needs are also available)
Over the years Julie has had the experience of holding every position at SAS including the Executive Officer position. This has been extraordinary achievement considering Julie has an intellectual disability, and a mother of three children, working hard to support her family.
So, give us a call on 9622 3005 and book in your training!